You can smell spring in the air! I am not sure why spring cleaning is a “thing” but there is something that makes cleaning almost border on the pleasurable when the weather warms up, you can throw open the windows and scrub away all that musty winter gunge. Spring is when you get the urge to clean all your windows, dust those light fittings and tackle the pantry. Don’t worry if you aren’t feeling the urge for spring cleaning just yet – there are 10 more sleeps until Spring has officially sprung. But to make sure you are prepared for when it does come around I have put together a shopping list of my low-tox cleaning essentials so you are ready to “spring” into action!
SPRING CLEANING SHOPPING LIST
- White vinegar
- Castile Soap (I love Dr Bronner’s which you can get at lots of health shops, David Jones and some chemists)
- Bicarb Soda (the supermarket)
- Washing soda (the one I get is in a white bag with red writing in the laundry aisle)
- Borax (I get this at Bunnings)
- Essential Oils (read more about using essential oils to clean your home )
- Glass spray bottles (available here)
That is all you need to make your own low-tox cleaners. So much better for your home, your family, your wallet and the planet.